Wednesday, February 7, 2007

What a Difference a Day Makes!

What a difference a day makes!

One of the mantras I live by is Perspective Determines Action. Yet how often I get in a rut of habits. Today, I broke the normal day's activities by taking a day off work.

And you know what? Just by changing my surroundings, I changed my WHOLE point of view! Even though I was kinda sick and worried about the hole in the floor that my dog dug, I was really enjoying my day, because I was doing things I WANTED to do, not necessarily things I HAD to do.

Two things I learned today:
1. I got a taste of how WONDERFUL it will be when I don't have to chase a paycheck just to 'get by' and can focus on the things and people that matter MOST to me.
2. How AMAZING it is that I can change my whole point of view in an instant, just by changing the scenery.
3. How HAPPY I am when I do something nice for someone else.

Ok right, that's three. The bonus lesson was an afterthought, but it is going to be the focus of this blog. When you do something that creates joy for someone else, it gets returned to you 10-fold. Pretty cool, huh?

Sooooo....If you want to be happy, prosperous, and free, do something nice for a loved one today!

What a difference a day makes!

1 comment:

Heidi Caswell said...

I'm smiling, love your thoughts. Was wondering when you were coming out of that cocoon.

Please share with us Jess, some of the things you like to do to make a difference.

Thanks again,

Heidi